Adopt a Book!




It's quite well known to everyone who knows me that I'm a bit of a book hoarder. I don't like getting rid of books I've read, and I love buying new ones, so as you can imagine (probably from your own experience) the space taken up in my bedroom with shelves and shelves of books grows and grows each week.

There are some books I will never be able to get rid of, such as The Last Dragon Chronicles by Chris D'Lacey (signed!!!) and the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness; however, there are some books I keep on my shelves not actually doing a great deal. I know I'm not going to read them again for whatever reason, but I just like keeping them. Like seeing their beautiful spines all lined up in height order..

For this reason, I joined a website called ReaditSwapit, which is basically an online library which anyone in the UK can use, for absolutely free. You register, and suddenly have access to trade thousands upon thousands of books with everyone in the UK. All you have to pay is the postage to get it to your swapper! Unfortunately, the libraries near me (and there's one 5 minutes up the road) aren't that great in both book choice or enjoyment of books.

It's a great site, but I find most new books aren't on there, as there're probably hoarders and obsessives like me who can't bear to part with their newly released, but well read, book.

For this reason. I've set up my own page where you can adopt any of my old books and we can either swap, or you can purchase them from me at a much reduced price. I'm also more than happy to put your books on my page too, just email me booksaremybag21@gmail.com with your book details (preferably ISBN, condition of book, your email address, and the address you'd like you new book posting to) and I'll put your book and details onto the page for all to view.



Post a Comment